UX Lead or Service Design Lead
@ global, boutique Scandinavian service design firm
2 roles in SF + 1 role in NYC
***up to $1K referral bonus offered for longterm placement of your referral - share the love!***
Elegant Scandanavian service design sensibility. Future visioning projects where you get to dream big, and wild. ("what does the car of the future's dashboard look like?") A studio where design is the center of its universe, and where every designer of every ilk weighs in on user research and discovery.
in NYC, they have a sweeping open space with views to kingdom come and a long table in their kitchen where folks eat their regularly-catered lunches together to connect....and in SF, they're very near the Ferry Building downtown with access to everything at their fingertips.
Globally, they've got a friendly, brainy, thoughtful and democratic culture, where education and continued learning is highly valued.
You get to work on innovative sexy conceptual design, product design on screens that live x-platform and beyond, and gorgeous consumer-facing and B2B projects for some of the biggest global F500 brands out there, that are super nice and shiny on your CV.
You’ll be a part of a team of designers and strategists within service, product, brand, digital, interaction, and user experience design. And your co-workers are cool - everyone there has been carefully selected based on not just their skills, but their winning personalities and enthusiasm. It's international, playful, and sometimes a little quirky there.
They're looking for a fulltime LEAD UX DESIGNER or LEAD SERVICE DESIGNER to create jaw-droppingly innovative and gorgeous digital and physical experiences, service design, and business design.
This is NOT a hybrid UX/UI role - this is a squarely UX role, or a Service Design role.
For those of you more UX-leaning, they want someone who's a classically trained UXer - an HCI or Library Sciences education is great (but not required) - and who can get into the weeds and talk about taxonomies and hierarchies, but can also pull back in the same breath and talk about the bigger overall picture and guiding strategy, and who really has a fundamental understanding of the guiding principles of great UX design, can work in a Lean/Agile way, and is great with clients - strategizing and collaborating with them.
And, for you Service Design Leads out there, they'll be looking for someone who isn't all theory but rather someone who can get their ideas down into deliverables in a presentable way. Doesn't have to be super hi-fidelity, stylized service design documents and user journeys, but you can use Sketch and Adobe Suite enough to be dangerous.
For both roles, management and leadership experience is required, of 2-4+ direct reports in a formalized way (not just project-basis oversight).
- a talented UX or Service Design Lead with 5-7+ years of experience
- an entrepreneurial spirit who can "accept uncertainty" - you understand this is key to working in design innovation, and that your job is to solve other people's business unknowns
- gorgeous UX or service design portfolio with complex x-platform work work, preferably with case studies (2-3+)
- expert in all levels of sketching, wireframing, and prototyping across digital platforms
- extensive client-facing experience, and at least some agency / design studio experience
- experience and comfort running workshops for execs and teammates, both
- ability to lead the larger upfront strategic ideas, think beyond the wireframe
- proven track-record managing 2-4+ designers in a formalized manner
Like to haves:
- Solid background in UX, but also open to backgrounds that started out in UI or tech (while you're more squarely UX now) - they like "T-shaped" people, so you can communicate easily across disciplines
- user research and user testing experience (they have a separate team for this, but you'll be participating as well, as does everyone)
- multi-device background
- native app experience
- Agile experience
Apply here online, or email your resume, portfolio with case studies of service design-geared projects, and approx fulltime salary range to:
info [at] joanneweavergroup [dot] com
***We offer a referral bonus eligibility of up to $1K, if we place someone you recommend in a longterm role - so if this isn't for you, please help pass on the word! Thank you!***